Domain Name Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
A domain name is a name used to locate and display a Web site. An example of a domain name is example.com. The top-level domain (TLD), or domain name extension, is the .COM, .NET, .ORG, etc. portion of the domain name.
The price of domain names vary per domain name registrar and term. pairLite's domain name registar, pairNIC, offers one to five year domain name registrations for COM, NET, ORG, BIZ, INFO, US, CN, and WS top-level domain names.
The one-year price is $19 for COM, NET, ORG, BIZ, INFO, and US domain names. Discounts can be had when choosing longer terms. CN and WS domain name have their own pricing scheme.
Visit pairNIC for more information about domain name prices.
You can register domain names ending in COM, NET, ORG, BIZ, INFO, US, CN, and WS using pairNIC, our domain name registration service.
You can also use our domain name registration tool below:
But remember that you must use the pairLite Account Control Center (ACC) to register your first domain name to have the domain name registration fee waived. Simply follow the instructions below:
A subdomain is a subset of a domain name (subdomain.example.com). You are given the subdomain USERNAME.pairLiteSite.com at no extra charge with your pairLite Web hosting account. Replace "USERNAME" with your pairLite username.
Yes, you can. If you have already registered a domain name, you can add it to
your pairLite account. You can add up to 10 domain names to your
account at no extra charge.
- Log into the pairLite ACC (https://my.pairlite.com/)
- Click "Register New Domain Name" (under the Domain Management section)
- Enter your domain name, and click Proceed
- Follow the on screen instructions
To add a domain name to your pairLite account that you've already
registered, just follow these instructions:
- Log into the pairLite ACC (https://my.pairlite.com)
- Click "Add a New Domain Name" (under the Domain Management section)
- Click "Add a Domain Name That is Already Registered"
- Enter your domain name, and click "Proceed"
- Select where you want your domain name mapped
- Click "Proceed"